Saturday, July 12, 2008

Breaking the long silence

I haven't really blogged on a regular basis since February and a lot has happened since then, both in the political world and my personal life.

In the political world:

  • Obama won the Democratic primary after a long drawn out battle with Clinton that lasted until after everyone had voted
  • We are in the midst of a worldwide food crisis, the US and World economy are drastically contracting as a result of the implosion of the US housing market and ongoing credit crisis and ridiculously high oil prices (which will continue to rise).
  • In Canada, Stephane Dion is shopping around his bold Green Shift policy of imposing a carbon tax and reducing income taxes. It looks like this will be what we will fight over in the next election. The question is whether people will understand it or fall for the Bush/Rove-like tactics of Harper and his Conservative cronies.
  • The chatter continues about Obama VP selection (my guess is Janet Napolitano but I wouldn't put any money on it) and McCain is getting the easy treatment in the media.
What I have been reading:
And on a more personal note:
  • I graduated from the University of Pennsylvania earning a B.A. in Political Science and a B.S. in Economics from the Wharton School.
  • I am currently living in Toronto but plan to head to Washington by the end of the summer.
I am trying to figure out what I will be doing with this blog. I will be clarifying the scope of the blog and hope to be writing regularly in addition to my daily links.

If there are topics or stories you would like me to comment on, put them in the Comments section or reply by email if you are receiving this by email

~BT

No comments: