Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Penn Blogosphere?

After noticing an uptick in traffic and checking my handy StatCounter report, I realized that I had been linked by Kevin Burke, a fellow Penn blogger. He put together a list of Penn blogs and I have to say that I was pretty impressed that he was able to find them all. When I tried to find other Penn blogs I only came up with this:

It was also pretty cool to see that someone I know, Stu Stein, is also blogging at The Un-Wharton.

This could be the start of a real "Penn Blogosphere" where Penn bloggers actually interact online and become responsive to one another. The first step to solidifying the network would be for all of us to link to one another and aim to increase our collective readership. Maybe it's just among seniors, but it feels like most Penn students don't actually read blogs regularly, let alone anything beyond the major professional blogs. I would like to see more Penn students reading blogs and for those blogs to have conversations about what's going on at Penn. Ultimately, we could get to the point where those conversations actually have an impact on campus.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

~BT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked technorati.com for blog posts tagged upenn. There might be a better way.