Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Follow me on Twitter!

I've recently discovered this new social networking tool called Twitter. It is a "service to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?"

You can find my Twitter page here. I first joined Twitter in May and have slowly started to use it and get familiar with it. In that time I have posted 22 updates, all pretty short (less than the 140 character limit). I am "following" 52 people, which means I get their updates through the Twitter website and can choose which ones I want to receive on any of my devices (I have set up my phone to receive texts from Twitter). There are 29 people "following" me although I don't really know if/how they read my updates and I haven't really had a twitter back/forth like I've seen other people have.

So, if you feel like trying it out, go to Twitter and sign up. Then click on my page and "follow me". You can then see my updates through the website and any device that you set up with Twitter. If you get free incoming text messages - you should set Devices On for me and then you will receive my updates via text. And if you start using it yourself, let me know so I can follow you!

If you have tried Twitter or use it, leave your thoughts in the comments.

~BT

No comments: