Wednesday, February 20, 2008

All's quiet at Penn

It is a Wednesday afternoon, the day after a major victory by Obama in Wisconsin and Hawaii, and all seems quiet on the University of Pennsylvania campus as we await the arrival of Turd Blossom.

I wasn't planning on going to see Karl Rove speak tonight at Irvine Auditorium partly out of protest and disgust that he was probably being paid upwards of $40,000 by the Social Planning and Events Committee (SPEC) to spew his crap directly to 1,500 Penn students.

Of course, I'm only guessing about the $40,000. Here's what I do know:

Other than those two facts, SPEC will refuse to release any information about how much they paid Karl Rove. Or at least they wouldn't tell the DP. I guess I'm just hoping that we aren't paying him any more than 40k.

Well, plans change. A friend called with an extra ticket, so I'm going to hear what 'the architect' will have to say and will be curious to see if there are any protesters and what questions are asked.

Stephen Krewson wrote a great column in yesterday's DP expressing his disappointment with the choice of Rove as the spring speaker.

Look forward to a post about tonight's talk as well as my thoughts on Obama's blowout win yesterday.

I'm listening to DIRTY SOUTH/MYNC PROJECT - Everybody Freakin' (you can listen to the long sample. I couldn't find this song anywhere else on the internets)

~BT

No comments: