Tuesday, January 08, 2008

We have a battle!

The polls were wrong and all the talk from pundits about the demise of the Clinton campaign have turned out to be false.

With Clinton's win in New Hampshire, we can expect a tough fight in South Carolina and Nevada. Obama will be getting the endorsement of a major Nevada union tomorrow which should give him a boost. Clinton is already being called the "comeback-kid" which is a bit of a stretch given that she was down for less than 3-4 days. But, her campaign managed the expectations game and obviously delivered today. Kudos to Hillary for all she has done and her tireless public service.

I have been thoroughly impressed with the Democratic field and I have yet to endorse any of the candidates. Although I have given Obama the majority of my coverage on this blog, I actually have a slight preference for Edwards in terms of policy. I would be happy with Edwards, Clinton or Obama and am enjoying this historic battle for the nomination.

I hope to continue to have coverage of the primaries and would love to hear your thoughts about the race.

As more specific details of the exit polling are released, we will have a better idea of the vote breakdown. At this time, it looks like Clinton succeeded in turning out older women and that her youth blitz blunted the Obama "wave" that we saw in Iowa. I guess having Chelsey next to her helped. Obama won among men and independents, like he did in Iowa. In the forthcoming closed primary states, independents won't be able to vote for Obama so we will see how that affects things.

I didn't think it was possible, but things got even more exciting tonight.

~BT

No comments: